<![if !IE 6]>
Job no: 500008
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Chicago – 55 East Monroe Street, IL
Capability Area: Contracts and Grants
NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a Contract Assistant. This is an entry level position within the Contracts and Grants Department. Incumbent assists in the preparation of contractual provisions and the administration of contracts and proposals. Helps contracts administrators to prepare bids and negotiate specifications with suppliers, partners or customers. Examines and reviews materials of bids or contracts. Incumbent will learn to negotiate and administer federal agency contracts, subcontracts and other agreements.
This is an opportunity for someone to leverage a general education in business, accounting, finance or related field of study to be trained on contracts administration within a non-profit social science research organization that contracts with many different government departments and agencies. You will learn from seasoned contracts professionals, including attorneys and social science researchers. This role can serve as an entree into a contracts administration career.
|DEPARTMENT: CONTRACTS & GRANTS
The NORC Contracts and Grants department serves both internal NORC departments and external partners. Staff members work hard to stay current with changing federal regulations through ongoing training and are responsible for federal compliance and reporting.
- Under close supervision, prepare support documentation and administrative sections of proposals for smaller, less complex projects
- Assist in the review of contracts and grants
- Assist in simple organizational audits
- Maintain contract files (electronic and paper)
- Assist in contract close out process
- Provide general contract management support
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a preference for a degree in Business Administration or similar discipline
- General business, accounting, or financial work experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting and financial management; familiarity with basic data management through use of spreadsheet or other similar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, time management, personal organization, attention to detail, and discretion
- Ability to create and maintaining physical and electronic filing systems, ability to accurately follow instructions given, ability to work accurately under time pressures and to prioritize multiple tasks from different projects and ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material in a discreet and confidential manner
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend